Sunday, August 03, 2008

Post 184


Okay, so this is the last one before the two part season finale!

I decided to do gray tone washes on these last 3. This one with pentel brush, and honestly, the ink is so easy to spread. On the last two I used watered down speedball super black in an aqua flo water brush.

Also, update on the sketchbook...it's sent out to the printer, waiting to hear whether I need to revise file names...I really hate the confusion with naming conventions these places have. You can read different things in multiple places on the sites.

Anyway, I think it looks good, Color cover, tpb format (think old DC prestige), 54 pages black and white inside with a lot of variety from actual sequentials, to what kind of materials I use, to sketches, to...I don't want to ruin any surprises. I'm going to try and get it set up on the online sales portion of the printer's site, that way you guys and gals can get it online. Honestly, I'd be extremely appreciative, and if you get it online and bring it to me at a con I'll gladly sketch in it!

I'll keep you all updated on that. Once I get word on the readiness of the print, I'll put up a preview of the cover. So keep checking. I can't tell you how much work goes into doing your own sketchbook that isn't just a kinkos quicky. I put a lot of thought and work into this.

I don't think I tell you all enough, but thank you to those of you who read this, especially Craig, Sam, Aris, Jake, Luan, Alexis and even you lurkers! This really keeps me motivated to keep working to get better.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

You know when it's up, I'll order one and also post about it on my blog!