Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Post 191

Okay, so, this seems a long time in the making, but we finally printed up copies (by 'we' I mean not me, but Jake and Luan). The anthology that My friends Jake and Luan put together...I need to be clear about this, they organized it, edited it, designed it, wrote, colored, drew, inked, pimped, printed, lost sleep, put in tons of money, and did anything and everything that they could do to make the best product possible. I talked with Jake about doing an anthology, and when people dropped out on me, Jake and Luan took things over and put together an amazing anthology featuring some of the great storytellers of my home base, the northern part of Texas.

First off, Synesthetic (the anthology) has a new website with some slick design.

Luan best describes the process in an interesting and concise format, and I really suggest you read it. It was stressful, but ultimately rewarding. Between the three of us, we've had a hand in nearly every page of the book. I personally have two stories in it, you can see samples of all the stories on the Synesthetic site (the link here takes you to the previews).

The great thing is that we'll be selling copies, signing, arting (as Cully says), and generally having fun (hopefully) this weekend at Titan comics in Dallas on Saturday August 16th from 12-6 pm. Then I think we're going to the Inwood to check out the late night showing of Big Lebowski.

Either way, if you're in the area, please stop by, we'd enjoy the support. It's been a long time in the works. If you can't, I'll be at Baltimore with Jake and Luan and we'll gladly sell you a copy (or two, or whatever you'd like to buy ;) .

No comments: