Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Post 219


Sometimes it's like I get posessed when I start a piece. It's VERY rare that I take a few days on a piece, let alone more than a few hours. I started this afternoon doing this piece, it's like 12.5X20 inches. I wish I would have taken pictures of the process because this started off as a graytone wash on mat board. I was testing it out, and the mat board was far too cotton based for illustration. But I wanted to make this work, so I broke out the prismacolors and went to town. I finished a bit ago, and it's been a while since I've really gone to this extent with prismacolors, but it's one of those things you just feel like you have to do from time to time. My hands are sore, so I better rest them tomorrow and maybe even Friday so I can be totally prepped for the ArtLoveMagic show this weekend (I'll post details tomorrow).

I really want to put an art show together at some point...

No comments: