Friday, January 09, 2009

Post 260



I found a wall hanging print on a board (print was of an eggbeater) at an outlet place for a steal of a price, so I sanded off the print and glue, then taped off the sides of the panel, used a layer of white Windsor & Newton white instead of gesso. The reason is I was using some gouache and I wanted the edge of the bloom to dry as if left on plastic, which creates some nice edges. If I had used gesso, it would have seeped in too quickly and lost some of the desirable effects. Following the gouache base coat (the reds, yellows, and some lines), I used acrylic to get highlights. I then went with some brush pen to apply some basic lines, and a #2 round brush to apply some different color lines with gouache. For the last part, I dripped some watered down speedball ink to get some runny effects. I dabbed the bottom so it would dry lighter.

I find that everything I do recently is influencing something else I do. In this case my computer colors were influenced by my painting, and then the colors I did for some recent sequentials influenced this painting.

Hope you all dig!

2 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

Dig it, I do.

I also enjoyed your line: "I find that everything I do recently is influencing something else I do." I like that.

Jake Ekiss said...

KICK ASS!