I was altering some col-erase leads to fit my lead holders (aka "architect drafting pencils"). I need to work on the whole 'blowing up thumbnails' technique now that I have the tabloid scanner. The thumbnails were a little too blurry and great for thumbnail purposes, but I can just draw it out better and in just as much time ultimately because then I don't have to invent features on the fly. So I spent a bit on preparing leads so that I wouldn't have to worry about the pencil being too short, this way I get consistent feel for the pencil, thus consistent results. Plus, I got one of those nifty alvin lead sharpeners for a buck at office depot, and rapidographs for a buck!!!
Also, been printing a bunch of...well, PRINTS!!! They look fantastic, so it's a steal at 20 bucks. Plus, they serve as a good portfolio, so bonus!
I need to get my print carrying cardboard tube from a friend who's had it way too long. It stinks normally when you have to ask somebody to give something back, but in this case it's an excuse to hang out with a friend...rawk!
I'm about as ready as I can be for Heroes. So I'll be getting things packed, and working up until I go on sequential pages. That way I can get ahead AND use things to show any editors! It's all about maximizing time investment. If you have to re-do something, that's just poor management!